Ever have those moments where your mind blanked and you just forgot to protect yourself from the sun? Feeling a little hot and crispy? Or maybe you protected yourself and you just want a nice refreshing spritz on your skin to feel cool and refreshed!
This just happened while visiting the Grand Cayman islands, I thought I applied enough sun balm but I clearly missed a few areas and needed some instant relief!
This is one EASY AFTER SUN SPRAY that we use all the time.
Benefits of the toxic free after sun spray ingredients:
Witch Hazel: when applied to the skin it reduces irritations and is soothing to the skin. it can also reduce swelling from inflamed skin due to too much sun exposure and help repair the skin.
Aloe Vera Gel: is moisturizing to the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. Helps to prevent pealing of sun drenched skin.
Lavender essential oil: is wonderful for supporting your skin. It is very soothing to the skin as well.
Peppermint essential oil: provides a cooling sensation great for after a day in the sun.
How to make toxic free after sun spray
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup witch hazel (where to buy witch hazel)
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera gel (where to buy aloe vera gel)
- 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil (my favorite PURE essential oils HERE)
- 10 drops of pure peppermint essential oil (purchase PURE peppermint oil HERE)
- 4 oz (or larger) spray bottle (like these)
NOTE: Double the recipe for more coverage!
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into spray bottle, shake well, and apply generously to skin that needs cooling.
- Be sure to avoid spraying around the eyes, as it will sting.
NOTE: If you’re familiar with how aloe vera feels then this slightly sticky feeling will not alarm you. Once it dries (after a minute or two) that feeling will evaporate and your skin feels refreshed and rejuvenated! Reapply as often as needed. I re-sprayed every half hour or so at first.