How to make “Gluten-Free”, “Grain-Free”, “Paleo-Friendly”, “Primally-Inspired”, “(Insert other buzz word here)” oat-free granola in 5 minutes!
I was talking with my mom recently about her dietary restrictions and she mentioned that she didn’t test well for oats at her Nutrition Response Testing session. She had been snacking on her favorite granola when she had a sweet and salty craving and her body was not happy with her. I suggested she try making an oat-free granola at home. She had no idea what that might look like (and I don’t blame her… I DID just make this up a few months ago).
This 5 minute oat free granola is my FAVORITE paleo-friendly “quick fix” when I’m tired of bacon and eggs for breakfast or feel like snacking on something sweet and salty.
“5 Minute Oat Free granola”
Prep time: 1 minute | Cook time: 4 minutes | Serves: 1-2
- 4 – Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- 3 – Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds*
- 3 – Tbsp crushed Walnuts*
- 3 – Tbsp Dried Cherries*
- 3 – Tbsp Coconut Flakes*
- 2 – Tbsp Cacao Nibs*
- 1 – Tbsp Chia Seeds*
- 3 – Tbsp Coconut, Grape Seed, or Avocado Oil
- 2 – Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 to 2 – tsp Cinnamon*
- Pinch of Salt (or 2 if you like your’s sweet and salty!)
*All of these ingredients are suggestions. You can use WHATEVER you want and the amounts really don’t matter either!!! The slivered almonds are the textural replacement for the oats so that is the only ingredient I suggest you keep.
- Pre-measure and mix almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dried cherries, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs in a bowl
- Heat oil and maple syrup or honey on medium in a 12″ sauté pan
- pour mixed ingredients into pan and stir until all coated with oil and sweetener
- add cinnamon and salt
- stir consistently for 3-5 minutes or until all ingredients are lightly “toasted”
- Remove from heat and mix in chia seeds
- Spread onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or directly into bowl and enjoy with your favorite milk or milk substitute (Homemade almond milk recipe coming soon!)